Saturday, August 19, 2023

19 Aug 2023 - NSTR Last Day at Bryce Zion Campground

 


Our last day here at Bryce Zion Campground.  As I write this tonight we have weather moving in from the south as a result of Hilary, I assume.  The wind really whipped up so we lowered the satellite dish and I went out and lowered the Colors just as the rain let go.  The French students and their adult chaperones in the campground were grabbing their tents and stuff in the dark with flashlights and heading for the bathrooms.  There is no danger here other than stuff blowing away, but there are flash flood warning for the slot canyons and other low lying areas.  This ground simply cannot absorb a lot of rain, so flash floods can happen quickly.  

We spent the day taking care of pre-departure tasks. I defrosted the freezer, a periodic task for those who have RV-style refrigerators (our choice), and dumped the tanks.  Doreen did a couple loads of laundry and I worked on the truck.  At my last fuel fill I checked the oil and noticed evidence of a leak under the hood.  It was not obvious where the leak had came from and it did not appear like it was still leaking. 





My fluid levels were all good (antifreeze, power steering fluid, brake fluid, etc). I also checked some fastener tightness. So I photo-documented how it looked, then I cleaned it up so I could see if it was still leaking or where the leak was coming from.  I contacted several RAM dealers in the Salt Lake City area and got an appointment at one of them for Wednesday in case I need it.   

We made a couple trips south today, one into Glendale so I could make a few phone calls to the RAM dealers, and later a trip into Orderville, the nearest gas station to fuel the truck.  After returning to the campground I inspected the engine and saw no evidence at all of any further leak.  I will keep a close eye on it as we travel north tomorrow.



Doreen and I both agree it has been a great stay here at Bryce Zion Campground.  The national parks were beautiful and the other sights we took in, such as the UTV tour and the state park really made the stay! For the most part we have "owned" the campground with very few if any other campers for the majority of our stay.  We loved the scenery here as well as the horses that would come up and see us a couple times a day.  The campground staff has been fantastic and very helpful.  We are so glad this was on our itinerary.

Tomorrow morning we will saddle-up and head north to Hill Air Force Base in Ogden UT.  We have camped in that area before, actually in 2017, but at that time the FamCamp was closed for upgrades so we stayed in a local state park. 


This is from our 2017 trip and our 2013 Jayco Pinnacle, NOT our 2021 Alliance Paradigm!

If any of you remember our blog posts for that 2017 trip we ended up with a mess as a spring shackle bent and the wet bolt snapped on our Jayco Pinnacle.  We ended up in a trailer repair shop where they had to weld all of the shackles and install additional "Z" supports.  Lets hope this stay in the Ogden/Salt Lake City area is less eventful!

Next report from Hill Air Force Base!

No comments:

Post a Comment