Saturday, May 20, 2023

20 May 2023 - Last Day at Corbin KY

 


This is our last day at the KOA Campground here in Corbin KY.  It was a rainy one here off and on so we abandoned our plans to hike and see some waterfalls.  Doreen did a small load of laundry while we tuned into both Ankeny grandson's baseball games.  I cast one game to the big screen while watching the other game on an iPhone!  They both played two games.

We cleaned up a bit in preparation for our departure tomorrow and I did my normal tank dumping, flushing etc.  We enjoyed a couple walks around the campground once the rain subsided and Liberty checked out the entire area.  



For whatever reason my lower left back was screaming when I got up this morning.  Ibuprofen time and heating pad.  It is not radiating, so that is a good sign.  Doreen thinks I just tensed up yesterday and I am now feeling the results.    Hopefully I just tweaked it and it will feel better in a day or so...

During our grocery shopping yesterday we found one of my favorites.  You might have seen a previous Facebook or blog post about the Franks Redhot flavored Goldfish Crackers that I like.  Well a couple years ago when we did our east coast trip we stumbled onto some Old Bay flavored Goldfish Crackers and they were really good.  Well, I found them again, so we stocked up a bit as we have a long journey yet this summer!

So that is a wrap from Corbin KY.  Tomorrow morning we will head on up I-75 just about 100 miles to Whispering Hills RV Park near Georgetown KY, north of Lexington. There we will meet up with several other of our great Alliance friends and we will be going on a bourbon tour with a small tour bus.  We will be there four nights before heading on up to Elkhart IN.  


No comments:

Post a Comment