Wednesday, June 14, 2023

14 Jun 2023 - Door County Distillery and Door Peninsula Winery

 


Today we drove south of Egg Harbor to the co-located Door County Distillery and Door Peninsula Winery.  Our first stop was the distillery and their spirits were unimpressive as were the folks working behind the bar.  I'm sure Door County is more known for it's wine than it's bourbon, but I thought I would give it a try.  The generous samples were $2 each, and I chose a flight of six, but I walked out empty handed.  I clicked my heels together and said "You are not in Kentucky anymore, Toto!"


The distillery bar area


Selection list for the distillery tasting

My flight and selections - they sound better than they were

Next stop was the wine tasting area.  Now this, folks, was very impressive!  The wine tasting was free and samples were unlimited!  You heard me correctly - FREE!  Any no purchase necessary.  And the people were friendly and helpful!  66 different wines and you could try any or all, and if you had a question you could try them again!  They grow most of their fruits here except some of the grapes, and they make all of their wines here.  Here is the impressive wine list:


So Doreen and I tried several different wines and then we shared our samples between us and made notes. They offered 10% off 6 bottles and 20% off a case, so we had no trouble at all identifying a mix n' match case to take home and refill our home wine selection. If you are in Door County and like wine of any type, I highly recommend this as one of your stops.
  


Happy 248th birthday to the US Army and Happy Flag Day.  I am so thankful everyday for the great Soldiers I've had the opportunity to serve with over the years.

25th Infantry Division - Tropic Lightning

The 25th Infantry Division's taro leaf is a tribute to its Hawaiian origins. The 25th Infantry Division was activated in September 1944 at Schofield Barracks, Hawaii. The taro leaf is indicative of the descent of the 25th Division from the Hawaiian Division. The lightning flash is representative of the manner in which the 25th Division completed its assigned missions.

506AEG Chiefs and 3rd Brigade 25th ID CSM's

CSM Leota, CMSgt Schellhase, CSM Clark

At our campsite, every day is flag day as we fly them high and proudly. I am thankful everyday for the freedoms we have and the great country in which we live.

 



Tomorrow we pull chocks and "fly" on down to Oshkosh WI for our next stop.  Thanks for tagging along!

No comments:

Post a Comment