Sunday, June 4, 2023

4 Jun 2023 - Shopping, Lunch, Evening with the Cerny's

 

Steve Cerny and I sampling some great bourbons

First, I don't claim to be a writer.  I sure as hell am not an "influencer".  I don't even think I am a "blogger".  I just document our travels as they happen, uncut and unfiltered.  Some days are exciting, some days are boring.  Some days we work and some days we play.  So I don't know who reads this stuff but I know if I don't give a report I get calls, texts - "You guys OK? We did not get an update today!"  That is funny to me.  Whatever reason you choose to follow along in our travels and daily updates we are glad you are there!  

So today we played catch-up a little.  More laundry, some RV maintenance, resupply, etc.  Doreen did some more laundry this morning while I got caught up on the computer work a bit. At the same time we tuned into grandson Calvin's baseball game but our Internet here is not good, so we could not cast it to the big screen.  


A dark cherry margarita and a local beer

 I had received a Buffalo Wild Wings gift card for some work I did on an RV down in Elkhart, so we decided to use it today.  Thanks Bob Waldron!  After lunch we stopped at a pet supply store to replace a broken leash for Liberty and we stopped to refuel the big ol' brown truck.  $110 later, 26.642 gallons of diesel later @ a whopping $4.129/gallon later, we headed back to the campground.  That is the most expensive diesel we have paid on this whole trip.  Thanks, Gretchen....

While Doreen worked inside, I scrubbed the heck out of our front cap to get all the bugs off.  You have to stay on top of that as they can destroy the surface after a while.  Keeping the front cap clean and waxed helps a bunch.

Later today we corresponded with Steve Cerny and coordinated a get-together at 1900 hrs at his coach.  Steve owns an Alliance 390MP, same as our daughter and is located right across the street from us.  Steve is a bourbon aficionado as I am, so we gathered and shared some of our favorites so that we might do some tasting.  Doreen and Liberty were there and Steve's spouse Kelley returned from a trip, so she joined us.   Steve introduced us to a great local bourbon so we might pick up a bottle tomorrow.  



That's it for today.  Tomorrow I may work on the slideout tops as the sealing tape needs some love.  Tomorrow night Steve is hosting a dinner for us and several other couples, featuring his smoked brisket.  I will grill some jalapeno's with cream & shredded pepper jack cheese filling and bacon wrap.  We will also bring some dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment